A perfect 10
Matched GivingAsia Pacific and Middle East
We went for the gold during our own firmwide version of the Olympic Games, raising more than US$63,000 for CARE International and #SHEis in August and September. We jumped, danced, ran, and rowed to raise money for women and girls in Afghanistan as well as our local partnerships.
Here are just a few of the highlights from around the firm:
- In Tokyo, arm wrestling, Wii archery, and step challenges saw our people raise nearly 200 percent of their goal.
- In Luxembourg, aspiring athletes strength through Box Fit, Thai boxing, and Krav Maga, as well as their agility and grace through Zumba and Ragga dance classes. All the winners and their families were rewarded for their hard work with a celebration lunch.
- In London, a Brazilian-themed sports night to celebrate the start of the Rio Paralympic Games mixed caipirinhas and rowing machines to surprising success. Our people hooked a duck, hula hooped, and cycled their way into hitting their target while enjoying a mixture of Brazilian treats.
- In Los Angeles, 30 employees tested their agility with Wii Tennis and bowling, foosball, and ping pong.
- In Houston, 10 employees along with their kids and spouses biked to Memorial Park. They concluded with a picnic where they also played tap Frisbee, badminton, and croquet.
- In Minneapolis, half of the office signed up to participate in the Downtown Dash Fun Run/Walk 5K. Everyone felt a part of the effort, whether they ran, donated, or both.
- In Mexico City, we had a competition that included seven different events such as soccer, ping pong, boating, speed contests, and balance beam. We also went ice skating and participated in a 5K run.